10 Sources of Inspiration for an Instructional Designer
If you are an instructional designer, you are in constant search for new ways to present information. This is both ups and downs of our work, because sometimes all your ideas fade away. Proven and tried-out schemes are boring. The only thing that seems to change in every new course is the colors of the buttons and the order of words.
I believe that this state of mind indicates that you need to slow down, close all tabs, windows and programs, and concern over your inspiration. There is a variety of useful resources. I would like to share my own list of them with you:
I visit these websites for new visual images. I usually search by keywords or topics, associated with the project. I keep a collection of all worthy ideas. Sometimes, the idea should wait for its project.
The pack of cards, which describes about 50 different game mechanics. You can mix the cards and create a foundation for various types of games. It is a great tool if you plan to use gamification in the course and want to go beyond points and badges.
In particular, I fond of museums of contemporary art, where you can find out how to combine the uncombinable
Our LEVEL Team
Some cool ideas for courses have come up in the discussions, conversations, or in real life. The right people around are the best inspiration.
Stop, do not search for anything, stay in silence. Sometimes, it is the best tool to generate new ideas.
A personal selection of inspiration helps you break the deadlock. But the list is not the most important part, it's much more important to know how to use it. Your active actions only will bring to result.
1. Any information transfered by the Parties to each other when using the Website resources is considered to be confidential.
2. The user gives permission to the Level LLC Company to collect, process and store their personal data, as well as to send text and graphic advertising information.
3. The Parties are obliged to adhere this agreement, which regulates legal relations for the establishment, modification, and termination of the privacy mode for the Parties' personal information, and not to disclose confidential information to third parties.
4. The Level LLC company collects two types of information about the User:
1) the personal information deliberately disclosed by the User to the Level LLC Company to use the Website content;
2) the technical information automatically collected by the Website software at the time of its visit. During the User's visit, the information from the standard server logs is automatically available for the Help Desk. It includes the IP address of the User's computer (or the proxy server if it has been used to get access to the Internet), the ISP name, the domain name, the type of browser and operating system, the information about the website used to transit the Website, the website pages visited by the User, the date and time of these visits, the files that the User has downloaded. This information is analyzed by the software in the aggregated (depersonalized) form to examine the Website traffic; it is used in proposal development for its improvement and progress. The connection between the IP address and the User's personal information is never disclosed to third parties, except where required by the law of the User's residence country.
5. The Level LLC Company takes the User's personal data security very seriously and never provides the User's personal information to anyone, except upon the direct request of the authorized government body (such as, upon written request of the court). All personal information of the User is used to communicate with him, to execute the order concluded between the Website Users with the use of the Website resources, to analyze the Website traffic, to develop proposals for its improvement and progress, and may be disclosed to other third parties only with his/her permission.
7. The website implements a user authentication technology based on the cookies. The cookies are small files saved on the user's computer through a web browser. The cookies may be saved in the computer used to access the Website and will be used later for automatic authorization, for collecting statistic data, website traffic data in particular. The Website Administration does not store personal data or passwords in cookies. The user has the right to prohibit the cookies saving on the computer for website access, by proper configurations in his/her browser. It is well to bear in mind that all services using this technology may not be available.